If you bring a car or motorcycle with you to South Tyrol, you must obtain an Italian vehicle registration and license plate within six months of your move. For passenger vehicles and motorcycles imported from another EU country, registration does not require an inspection.
For vehicles from other countries and special-usage vehicles, however, an inspection is required.
Further information is available from your local province administration office.
Dial +39/0471/41 54 PLUS one of the following extensions: 06, 15, 19 or 32. An overview of the documentation necessary and information about the costs involved in transferring registration are available online (in German and Italian): www.provinz.bz.it.